Skip to main content

The Weekend and Some Thoughts

What a GREAT weekend. We started it off with the drive-in with a lovely couple, and we had a blast eating sugar snap peas, grapes, strawberries, candy, and caramel corn. We talked we laughed and we posed for pictures.
 This is me and Stephanie, just before the sunset!
Rob and the lovely couple.
Here's Rob being Rob and Stephanie smiling as she watches cute little girls giggle with their mom.

Saturday we spent selling a motorcycle, hanging out with our niece and Rob's brother, and then doing pretty much nothing all evening. Sunday we slept in (skipped church :S) and went for a walk around Conestogo lake...which was fun but not quite the hike we were looking for. 
Sorry about taking so long to do this post! The week gets going and the evenings just fill in so fast! Last night we went to a campfire and the lovely Yantzi farm. SO I am typing this up smelling like stale campfire...mmmmm!

 Today I'm supposed to write about my most embarrassing moment. Maybe the reason why I didn't type this up quickly on Monday was because I'm not really sure what my most embarrassing moment is. Not that I have many, many hugely embarrassing moments but because I can't really pick out a moment that stands out for me. 

There have been a lot of moments that were embarrassing at the time, but now that I look back they don't seem that embarrassing anymore. I don't have anything recently, but there is a funny story from grade 6 that I can tell y'all.

When I was in grade 6 I was hanging out at my friends house. Her parents had left and we were being 12-year-old girls, giggling, talking and thinking we were a lot more mature than we were. We went outside to hang out in her dad's Jeep to pretend that we could drive and be goofy. After hanging outside for a while, saying hi to her dad when he came home, talking about boys, giggling about boys and talking about what movie we were going to watch that evening at our sleepover, we decided to head inside to listen to music and go pee. As we were walking inside I saw this shadow moving up the stairs from the basement. My heart started beating SO quickly, I screeched and then my body responded in the worst way possible...I peed in my pants. 

As soon as I realized that happened I screamed again, threw my hand over my mouth and started running up the stairs to the bathroom, yelling the whole way up the stairs "I can't believe I peed my pants! I can't believe I peed my pants!" I hear her dad laughing from downstairs and my friend is standing there in disbelief. 

I couldn't look at her father later that evening and if I did I felt totally mortified over forgetting that he had come home and that he's allowed to walk up the stairs in his own home without being greeted by a 12- year- old girl screaming bloody murder and peeing in her pants. :S

I hope you all have had a wonderful beginning of the week! I hope to write once or twice before we leave for the cottage this weekend. I LOVE the cottage! I'm so super pumped, I love lying in the sun and going canoeing and chatting with wonderful friends and eating delicious food and just hanging out! Hurray for extra long weekends. :) Hope you all have wonderful plans too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 6- Passages that have Impacted/Encouraged Me

 I have to try really hard not to begin these posts with "so". Apparently, that is my go to starter word...which is odd but true. I skipped yesterday due to the cold that was taking each member of our house captive one by one. Why is it never all at once? Sometimes this feels it would be easier than this long, drawn out affair we have been experiencing. Our youngest has had a fever for the past two days and while at first she handled it like a champ she, like all of us, only had so much to give before she just decided the whole being sick things sucks and is no over it. Anyway, I skipped yesterday and considered skipping today as well but then I felt like I wasn't really challenging myself then. So this might be another lighter post but the point was for me to write every day not write something groundbreaking every day (or ever!). So, when I looked at my list of things one that stuck out to me was Bible verses that have impacted me. I think that even if you aren't a

Starting Again

 Here we go again. I've decided (once again) that I really need and want to start writing again. How is this going to happen with one kid that won't leave my side and another that is pretty indifferent to sleep? I'm not sure but I'm going to try. I'm never entirely sure where to start when I start writing again. Do I follow prompts? Just write whatever the heck I want? A combination of the two? I've considered starting writing again without any connection to who I am...to allow myself to write more freely. Right now that thought is still on the table to be honest. I think the greater growing experience for me, however, would be to put myself in a situation where I journey let go of the pressure and expectations I put on myself for my writing to be something "spectacular" and to just write. Basically, I think what I'm going to do is an advent calendar of writing. Leading up to Christmas, for 25 days, I'm going to commit to writing something. It

My heart

I’ve been having a blast writing these blogs recently. I hope the 10 or so of you who read them are also having a blast reading them. :P  I had forgotten how much joy I get out of writing, for years it has been the way that I connected to God best, and also for a year or so it’s something I’ve stayed away from, for a variety of reasons. But that’s a blog post for another time, maybe tomorrow? ;) Or perhaps when I feel that’s the direction God is guiding my typing fingers.  My spiritual director and I were talking the other week about “Kairos” moments, which means in ancient Greek, loosely translated, a right or opportune moment. Or in the context her and I were talking about, the way that we best connect with God. So, in a sense, the opportune moments for us to connect with God. Make sense? When she asked what my kairos moment(s) was/were I didn’t have to think twice.  Being with people, encouraging people, really TALKING with people, asking the “How’s your heart?” questi