Skip to main content

5 Weaknesses

There is a part of me that feels like not going deep with this post.

5 weaknesses equals: raspberries, whipped cream, adorable babies/children, The Bachelorette (please still be my friend?), and my mom's strawberry and chicken salad with poppy seed dressing and almonds (my camp family will understand why this is a weakness).

Going shallow with the weaknesses seems a whole lot easier than telling you all my short comings. Though I'm sure my mom and close friends could tell you if you'd like to hear it from someone else! ;)

On track with shallow weaknesses- cute babies make me melt. Especially sleeping cute babies, who sigh happily as they sleep on your chest. I'm almost crying here out of pure joy thinking of that. I may have just done a little chair wiggle dance, except that I'm sitting on the edge of a bed, not on a chair. Have any of you ever experienced such amazingness before?

Real weaknesses start now.

It's hard to think of 5 that I truly feel comfortable sharing.

1. I will often look to others for approval, and others approval carries far more weight than it should. This is something that I've been aware of for a long time, it's not something that I like about myself and something I hand to God often. Apparently I like to keep my hold on it though because it always likes kicking me in the bum. When people find out that I'm not a confident person (when they don't know me very well) they are often surprised. I would say that the people who know me well could guess this quickly. I have a very self-deprecating sense of humour. While I often don't really believe in what I tease myself about (hmm...this makes me sound crazy but I couldn't figure out another way of saying it...please say you understand) if you joke about something enough you begin to wonder if it's true.

2. I am a perfectionist, this is part of the reason why I am "approval-seeking". The guys at work might agree with these first two. It only takes so long before you know someone pretty well when you spend 6 hours in a tiny room with them every day.

And now....for the confusing part for all your blog readers who don't know me well...

3. I don't like being vulnerable or for people to rely on me too heavily. I'm a closed open person. Figure that one out. I think that the second sentence in this paragraph proves my point. Do you feel confused yet. My intellect is astounding. For some reason I think that is from a movie. Anyone? Rob and I talked about this very point on the way home in the car on Monday. He agreed with me.

4. I get bored with exercise too quickly. I loved running for about a year, and ran for an hour around 4 times a week. It was great, I would feel fantastic when I got back. Then I got bored. So, I started going to the gym and using the elliptical for about 6 months, then I got bored. This winter I used the EA Sports Active, and I felt great! I gained a lot of strength and felt like I looked fantastic. Then I got bored. I'm an ADD exerciser, I'm just not very disciplined in my exercising. But summer is making me realize I need to be motivated...

5. In my opinion one can always grow in their time with God. This is an area that I certainly have room to grow! I often find that when there are a few things a want to do in a day or evening the things that require less of my attention and focus get done first. I'm still trying to figure out a way to have a non-distracting space. Or somewhere dedicated to time with God. Any suggestions?

Right now I'm reading the Harry Potter series for the forth (or fifth?) time and I am loving it!! It feels like going on an adventure again with old friends. J.K Rowling is a wonderful story teller. I find myself laughing out loud when reading and wanting everyone to enjoy the book as much as I am. Can I just say that Fred and George were a lot more attractive in my head than they were in the movies. I was a little bummed with that casting choice.

I know that has nothing to do with the above list. But I don't care, I just think you should all go pick up Harry Potter and give it a read. I can assure you that you will enjoy it more as an adult, potentially, than you did as a kid. If you never read them, what are you waiting for?!

Hope you all enjoyed reading about my weaknesses! Thanks for still being my friend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 6- Passages that have Impacted/Encouraged Me

 I have to try really hard not to begin these posts with "so". Apparently, that is my go to starter word...which is odd but true. I skipped yesterday due to the cold that was taking each member of our house captive one by one. Why is it never all at once? Sometimes this feels it would be easier than this long, drawn out affair we have been experiencing. Our youngest has had a fever for the past two days and while at first she handled it like a champ she, like all of us, only had so much to give before she just decided the whole being sick things sucks and is no over it. Anyway, I skipped yesterday and considered skipping today as well but then I felt like I wasn't really challenging myself then. So this might be another lighter post but the point was for me to write every day not write something groundbreaking every day (or ever!). So, when I looked at my list of things one that stuck out to me was Bible verses that have impacted me. I think that even if you aren't a

Starting Again

 Here we go again. I've decided (once again) that I really need and want to start writing again. How is this going to happen with one kid that won't leave my side and another that is pretty indifferent to sleep? I'm not sure but I'm going to try. I'm never entirely sure where to start when I start writing again. Do I follow prompts? Just write whatever the heck I want? A combination of the two? I've considered starting writing again without any connection to who I am...to allow myself to write more freely. Right now that thought is still on the table to be honest. I think the greater growing experience for me, however, would be to put myself in a situation where I journey let go of the pressure and expectations I put on myself for my writing to be something "spectacular" and to just write. Basically, I think what I'm going to do is an advent calendar of writing. Leading up to Christmas, for 25 days, I'm going to commit to writing something. It

My heart

I’ve been having a blast writing these blogs recently. I hope the 10 or so of you who read them are also having a blast reading them. :P  I had forgotten how much joy I get out of writing, for years it has been the way that I connected to God best, and also for a year or so it’s something I’ve stayed away from, for a variety of reasons. But that’s a blog post for another time, maybe tomorrow? ;) Or perhaps when I feel that’s the direction God is guiding my typing fingers.  My spiritual director and I were talking the other week about “Kairos” moments, which means in ancient Greek, loosely translated, a right or opportune moment. Or in the context her and I were talking about, the way that we best connect with God. So, in a sense, the opportune moments for us to connect with God. Make sense? When she asked what my kairos moment(s) was/were I didn’t have to think twice.  Being with people, encouraging people, really TALKING with people, asking the “How’s your heart?” questi