Skip to main content

Late Night...Early Morning?

I guess technically right now it is no longer Monday but Tuesday and is therefore early in the morning on Tuesday. But either way I'm not asleep as I should be on this wonderful night. I'm awake. Wide awake and my mind is buzzing with activity and for some strange reason my tummy is a grumbling. 


While mind kind and ever thoughtful (and handsome) husband had Starbucks waiting for me when I got home I forgot the fact that caffeine tends to last a while for me and has quite the effect. Especially a Cafe Americano. I should have thought of that before I finished drinking it at 7:00. So, since caffeine likes to stay in my brain for about 6 hours I'm stuck talking to the blogosphere.


I did pray for a little while for everyone that popped into my head but there is something incredibly irritating about lying in bed and not being able to sleep, or move, or turn on any lights. So after I lay there for what felt like an hour, but in all likelihood was probably only half that I decided it was time to get up instead of driving myself crazy. 


My brain on a Cafe Americano goes about 100 miles a minute so lying in bed with all that thought going everywhere isn't fun. 


Have you ever woken up in the morning and been really genuinely unsure if you dreamt something or if it really happened? Sometimes dreams are really realistic so it's hard to tell them apart from reality and sometimes reality seems so bazaar it's hard to distinguish it from your dreams. Is this just me? I tend to have a very strange dream life, especially lately so I wake up slightly confused sometimes. 


The other night I dreamt about seeing the house that God was going to give to us. It had wallpaper on the outside. I woke up and thought, "While it's probably not a realistic picture of the house God might one day provide us with it's nice to be reminded of the passion." Maybe we will end up with a house with wallpaper on the outside. It sure would make it easier to find. Think I'd find anything in a Google search? Mmm... not quite what I was dreaming about. 


I will have to ask Rob in the morning if the thing actually happened that I can't figure out if it's dream or reality. I'm pretty sure it really happened. But it feels like a dream.


I think Rob bought me coffee because I went a whole week without coffee this past week so he didn't feel bad "fuelling my addiction". I hope he never reads this blog. Or finds out where I am right now. I'm hoping he stays asleep.


I was thinking about a lot of interesting and intellectual things before I sat down at the computer. But I think it would be best for me to save them for another day. Mostly so they actually stay intellectual and don't become 12:40 in the morning caffeinated babble. 


Sorry about totally dropping the ball on the 30 things last week. It ended up being a pretty crazy week. The next one I'm supposed to write are 5 of my greatest accomplishments. If I had 5 children that post would be a lot easier to write. It would go something like this: 1. Eli 2. Mitchell 3. James 4. Lina 5. Betty- Sue 


Now it looks something like this: 1. Uhmmm...shucks.


The thought I will leave you with today is that Harry Potter can apply to almost any situation. "...we are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided." Case and point, thank-you Albus Dombledore. The church needs to remember this point at times. 


I also apologize for the Harry Potter kick I'm on lately. You can let me know when I've gone too far.


Sleep Tight.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 6- Passages that have Impacted/Encouraged Me

 I have to try really hard not to begin these posts with "so". Apparently, that is my go to starter word...which is odd but true. I skipped yesterday due to the cold that was taking each member of our house captive one by one. Why is it never all at once? Sometimes this feels it would be easier than this long, drawn out affair we have been experiencing. Our youngest has had a fever for the past two days and while at first she handled it like a champ she, like all of us, only had so much to give before she just decided the whole being sick things sucks and is no over it. Anyway, I skipped yesterday and considered skipping today as well but then I felt like I wasn't really challenging myself then. So this might be another lighter post but the point was for me to write every day not write something groundbreaking every day (or ever!). So, when I looked at my list of things one that stuck out to me was Bible verses that have impacted me. I think that even if you aren't a

Starting Again

 Here we go again. I've decided (once again) that I really need and want to start writing again. How is this going to happen with one kid that won't leave my side and another that is pretty indifferent to sleep? I'm not sure but I'm going to try. I'm never entirely sure where to start when I start writing again. Do I follow prompts? Just write whatever the heck I want? A combination of the two? I've considered starting writing again without any connection to who I am...to allow myself to write more freely. Right now that thought is still on the table to be honest. I think the greater growing experience for me, however, would be to put myself in a situation where I journey let go of the pressure and expectations I put on myself for my writing to be something "spectacular" and to just write. Basically, I think what I'm going to do is an advent calendar of writing. Leading up to Christmas, for 25 days, I'm going to commit to writing something. It

My heart

I’ve been having a blast writing these blogs recently. I hope the 10 or so of you who read them are also having a blast reading them. :P  I had forgotten how much joy I get out of writing, for years it has been the way that I connected to God best, and also for a year or so it’s something I’ve stayed away from, for a variety of reasons. But that’s a blog post for another time, maybe tomorrow? ;) Or perhaps when I feel that’s the direction God is guiding my typing fingers.  My spiritual director and I were talking the other week about “Kairos” moments, which means in ancient Greek, loosely translated, a right or opportune moment. Or in the context her and I were talking about, the way that we best connect with God. So, in a sense, the opportune moments for us to connect with God. Make sense? When she asked what my kairos moment(s) was/were I didn’t have to think twice.  Being with people, encouraging people, really TALKING with people, asking the “How’s your heart?” questi