Skip to main content

Andy the Aggressive Goose

Now for a post a little on the light side.

I'm sure that most of my readers have come in contact with a Canadian goose at one point or another. And you know that they're either totally nonchalant or very frightening. If you've ever been hissed and charged at while minding your own business you know what I mean. So, the other day in class I wrote a story about Andy the Aggressive Goose. Enjoy!
___________________________________________________________________________________
Let me tell you about Andy. He was a nice looking goose, with silky black feathers and a proud, puffy chest. Andy was a friendly goose...sometimes. But mostly Andy was just aggressive. When Andy played out in the school yard he would hiss when another goose tried to come near to share his shady spot under the tree.

Andy did not like to share. What was his was his! If other geese tried to join him when he played he would be angry and honk at them to go away.

He would think to himself, "I found this toy first and it's MINE, why should they get to play with MY toy?".

But soon Andy began to feel lonely, he wished that other geese would spend time with him. No one wanted to share their things with Andy because he wouldn't share with them.

This made Andy upset and angry, "I don't share my toys because they are mine but why do they no want to share with me? That's not FAIR."

Andy tried different tactics to get the other geese to spend time with him.

He tried sneaking into games, but he would always trip over his own feet and everyone would laugh.

He tried asking if he could play, but everyone always had a reason why he couldn't join.

He tried differt disguises but the other geese always knew it was him and would move away.

Andy soon gave up and felt sad and upset.

"No one likes me" Andy squeaked, "I shouldn't have been so aggressive. I should have shared my things."

One day out in the school yard Andy was standing by his shady tree. His head was down and he was staring at his little webby feet. A small tear was growing in the corner of his eye and another one was sliding silently down his face. He just wanted a friend.

Suddenly there was a rustle near his tree and out popped Cornelius the compassionate goose.

"Hello!" he honked. "How are you? Would you like to play with me?! I'm new and have no one to play with."

At first Andy felt aggressive and wanted to yell at Cornelius for being near his tree. But Andy stopped. This would be a chance for him to make a new friend!

"Sure..." Andy honked quietly and cautiously. "Would you like to play with my ball?"

Cornelius the compassionate goose and Andy the no-longer-aggressive goose laughed and kicked their ball around the school yard. When the other geese saw what fun Cornelius and Andy were having they wanted to join in too. Soon all the little geese were playing happily together.

Andy smiled and though to himself, "If is much nicer to not be an aggressive goose. I'm glad I decided to be kind."

So, the moral of this story is, don't be an aggressive goose, hissing doesn't make friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 6- Passages that have Impacted/Encouraged Me

 I have to try really hard not to begin these posts with "so". Apparently, that is my go to starter word...which is odd but true. I skipped yesterday due to the cold that was taking each member of our house captive one by one. Why is it never all at once? Sometimes this feels it would be easier than this long, drawn out affair we have been experiencing. Our youngest has had a fever for the past two days and while at first she handled it like a champ she, like all of us, only had so much to give before she just decided the whole being sick things sucks and is no over it. Anyway, I skipped yesterday and considered skipping today as well but then I felt like I wasn't really challenging myself then. So this might be another lighter post but the point was for me to write every day not write something groundbreaking every day (or ever!). So, when I looked at my list of things one that stuck out to me was Bible verses that have impacted me. I think that even if you aren't a

Starting Again

 Here we go again. I've decided (once again) that I really need and want to start writing again. How is this going to happen with one kid that won't leave my side and another that is pretty indifferent to sleep? I'm not sure but I'm going to try. I'm never entirely sure where to start when I start writing again. Do I follow prompts? Just write whatever the heck I want? A combination of the two? I've considered starting writing again without any connection to who I am...to allow myself to write more freely. Right now that thought is still on the table to be honest. I think the greater growing experience for me, however, would be to put myself in a situation where I journey let go of the pressure and expectations I put on myself for my writing to be something "spectacular" and to just write. Basically, I think what I'm going to do is an advent calendar of writing. Leading up to Christmas, for 25 days, I'm going to commit to writing something. It

My heart

I’ve been having a blast writing these blogs recently. I hope the 10 or so of you who read them are also having a blast reading them. :P  I had forgotten how much joy I get out of writing, for years it has been the way that I connected to God best, and also for a year or so it’s something I’ve stayed away from, for a variety of reasons. But that’s a blog post for another time, maybe tomorrow? ;) Or perhaps when I feel that’s the direction God is guiding my typing fingers.  My spiritual director and I were talking the other week about “Kairos” moments, which means in ancient Greek, loosely translated, a right or opportune moment. Or in the context her and I were talking about, the way that we best connect with God. So, in a sense, the opportune moments for us to connect with God. Make sense? When she asked what my kairos moment(s) was/were I didn’t have to think twice.  Being with people, encouraging people, really TALKING with people, asking the “How’s your heart?” questi