Skip to main content

I'm Here


As you can tell recently I've felt this urge to write. I was sitting attempting to write a paper yesterday, which wasn't really the type of writing my heart was longing for. So I opened another word document and said, "God, I just want to write for You...I miss it." And here was His response to my desire...

God, I want to write a song that speaks about your grace
yet sadly in this head of mine I’m stuck in a hurting place.
I sit here crying out to You, asking where You’ve been
Along this long, hard road of mine undoubtedly filled with sin.
I’m reaching out, I’m calling you, I’m crying in my mind
But deep inside this heart of mine it’s emptiness you’d find.
Three years ago I felt my heart build walls against your voice
Afraid that I wasn’t hearing you and making the wrong choice.
I heard this voice inside my head, reciting “You’re not loved,
You haven’t done enough for Him to reach His heights above”.
I’ve struggled with this quiet voice, which whispers in my ear
And at times I’ve heard your straining voice shouting out, “I’m here!”
You’ve spoken truth and love to me amidst my struggle and my shame
That I was not feeling you and that I was the one to blame.
My head was telling me you need to know Him and in that you’ll grow.
So though the path is winding still some seeds in me you’ve sown.
You’ve told me that this love we share is not just of the heart,
But in order to grow in love for you knowing is where I should start.
You’ve shown me glimmers of your grace along the rocky road,
And on this winding road of ours Your presence lightens my load.
I know we still have bumps ahead in this life of mine
But I hope that at the end of it, it’s Your love that will shine.
Please be with me as I move forward in your amazing grace,
And as I learn this heart of yours and eventually greet you face-to-face.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 6- Passages that have Impacted/Encouraged Me

 I have to try really hard not to begin these posts with "so". Apparently, that is my go to starter word...which is odd but true. I skipped yesterday due to the cold that was taking each member of our house captive one by one. Why is it never all at once? Sometimes this feels it would be easier than this long, drawn out affair we have been experiencing. Our youngest has had a fever for the past two days and while at first she handled it like a champ she, like all of us, only had so much to give before she just decided the whole being sick things sucks and is no over it. Anyway, I skipped yesterday and considered skipping today as well but then I felt like I wasn't really challenging myself then. So this might be another lighter post but the point was for me to write every day not write something groundbreaking every day (or ever!). So, when I looked at my list of things one that stuck out to me was Bible verses that have impacted me. I think that even if you aren't a

Starting Again

 Here we go again. I've decided (once again) that I really need and want to start writing again. How is this going to happen with one kid that won't leave my side and another that is pretty indifferent to sleep? I'm not sure but I'm going to try. I'm never entirely sure where to start when I start writing again. Do I follow prompts? Just write whatever the heck I want? A combination of the two? I've considered starting writing again without any connection to who I am...to allow myself to write more freely. Right now that thought is still on the table to be honest. I think the greater growing experience for me, however, would be to put myself in a situation where I journey let go of the pressure and expectations I put on myself for my writing to be something "spectacular" and to just write. Basically, I think what I'm going to do is an advent calendar of writing. Leading up to Christmas, for 25 days, I'm going to commit to writing something. It

My heart

I’ve been having a blast writing these blogs recently. I hope the 10 or so of you who read them are also having a blast reading them. :P  I had forgotten how much joy I get out of writing, for years it has been the way that I connected to God best, and also for a year or so it’s something I’ve stayed away from, for a variety of reasons. But that’s a blog post for another time, maybe tomorrow? ;) Or perhaps when I feel that’s the direction God is guiding my typing fingers.  My spiritual director and I were talking the other week about “Kairos” moments, which means in ancient Greek, loosely translated, a right or opportune moment. Or in the context her and I were talking about, the way that we best connect with God. So, in a sense, the opportune moments for us to connect with God. Make sense? When she asked what my kairos moment(s) was/were I didn’t have to think twice.  Being with people, encouraging people, really TALKING with people, asking the “How’s your heart?” questi